Pages in topic:   < [1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8] >
Announcing invoice tool updates: data export, online payment, PDF invoices, templates, more
Thread poster: Jason Grimes
Jason Grimes
Jason Grimes
Local time: 14:10
SITE STAFF
TOPIC STARTER
Will remove decimals from JPY amounts. What other currencies have no decimals? Feb 2, 2009

casey wrote:
Some currencies, at least the yen, do not have decimals. It would be nice if there was an option to tell it to not show any decimals for the total. Sometimes I might charge 7.5 yen per character, but the total has to be even. For example, if it was 101 characters the total would have to be 758 yen, not 757.5 yen.

Hi Casey,

Thanks very much for pointing this out. The tool will be updated so that amounts in JPY are always rounded to a whole number (except the rate, which will still allow decimals).

Is anyone aware of other currencies that can't be specified as decimal fractions?

Thanks,

Jason

Jason Grimes
Jason Grimes
SITE STAFF
TOPIC STARTER
Will add support for three taxes per item Feb 2, 2009

Anthony Green wrote:

In Italy all freelancers have to issue invoices to other Italian firms with

Net total
+ 4% social security (known as INPS)
+ 20% value added tax (known as IVA)
-20% advance on income tax (to be paid by the client, and known as "ritenuta d'acconto")

Hi Anthony,

Thanks for the clear explanation. I'll add support for up to three taxes per invoice item, which should allow for the calculations you describe.

Thanks,

Jason

Jason Grimes
Jason Grimes
SITE STAFF
TOPIC STARTER
Option to link client records to the blue board Feb 2, 2009

smiles wrote:
I think we need to connect the "new client" in the invoice creation process with the ProZ's Blueboard searching so that we can use the ProZ database of outsourcers for our invoices.

An option will be added to link client records to the Blue Board. Thanks for the suggestion.

Best regards,

Jason

Luca Ruella
Luca Ruella  Identity Verified
United States
Member (2005)
English to Italian
+ ...
Client rate Feb 3, 2009

I would like to be able to specify agreed rates per word\line\page\hour for each saved client profile. So each time I produce an invoice, I'd just have to enter the traslated words, and the tool automatically remembers the agreed rate and does all the math.

Lucy Leite
Lucy Leite  Identity Verified
Spain
Local time: 20:10
Member (2008)
English to Portuguese
+ ...
Some suggestions Feb 4, 2009

I've been using Zoho invoices lately but I really look forward to using Proz invoicing tool. Here are some suggestions. I hope they are useful.

1. A really quick way to add new clients. Initially, you can enter only company, full name and email than save and select. I had a problem with Proz invoice because I added the information and, later on, it went blank for some reason.

I also agree with that:

smiles wrote:
I think we need to connect the "new
... See more
I've been using Zoho invoices lately but I really look forward to using Proz invoicing tool. Here are some suggestions. I hope they are useful.

1. A really quick way to add new clients. Initially, you can enter only company, full name and email than save and select. I had a problem with Proz invoice because I added the information and, later on, it went blank for some reason.

I also agree with that:

smiles wrote:
I think we need to connect the "new client" in the invoice creation process with the ProZ's Blueboard searching so that we can use the ProZ.com database of outsourcers for our invoices.

2. Can't we have a similar template for sending estimates that, once approved by the client, are simply changed into invoices?

3. Special fields for PO and PM would be useful.

4. E-mail reminders are also very useful to warn if an invoice is overdue. In Zoho you can choose to send this reminder either only to yourself or to your client as well. Is it possible to have something like that?

Thank you so much, Jason, for you effort!
Collapse

Peter van der Hoek
Peter van der Hoek
Spain
Member (2008)
Dutch to English
+ ...
Just about perfect. Feb 4, 2009

Hi Jason,

In my eyes (and for my personal needs), the invoice tool is just about perfect by now.
Thanks for a job well done!

Leon Hunter
Leon Hunter  Identity Verified
Spain
Member (2005)
Spanish to English
+ ...
MIsc invoice problems Feb 4, 2009

On the issue of rounding off, the tool also rounds off the tax amount (in my case, VAT) and it rounded off 4.8384 to 4.84. This may be a problem for some clients in Spain.

It is also an issue that 4.84 would not have a stop in Spanish, it would be 4,84 as thousands have stops, i.e. - 3.000 and decimals have commas, i.e. 4,8

There are a number of fields in English on the invoices which can't be translated:

- Country name - Spain
- Source / target words
... See more
On the issue of rounding off, the tool also rounds off the tax amount (in my case, VAT) and it rounded off 4.8384 to 4.84. This may be a problem for some clients in Spain.

It is also an issue that 4.84 would not have a stop in Spanish, it would be 4,84 as thousands have stops, i.e. - 3.000 and decimals have commas, i.e. 4,8

There are a number of fields in English on the invoices which can't be translated:

- Country name - Spain
- Source / target words under unit

Lastly, the message sent to the client with the invoice cannot be changed and it's in English. It can be overwritten but I think there should be a standard message in settings, rather than having to write the message in the country language every time you send an invoice.

Thank you,

Leon Hunter
Collapse

Gianluca Marras
Gianluca Marras  Identity Verified
Italy
English to Italian
taxes Feb 4, 2009

Jason Grimes wrote:

Hi Luca,

Do you need to apply all three taxes on a single invoice item, or do different taxes apply to different items? What are the names of these taxes?

It is possible to both add and subtract taxes (specify the 20% tax to be subtracted as "-20"). But currently it is only possible to apply up to two taxes to a single invoice item. If you need support for three, that change could be made.

Thanks,

Jason

Hi Jason thanks for your reply and sorry about all my spelling mistakes, I am glad you understood what I wrote!!!
Back to my question:

My normal invoices are like this:

translation 123 € 100,00
+ 4% social security contribution € 4,00
-------------------------------------------
Total € 104,00
+ 20% VAT € 20,80
- 20% withhlding tax € 20,80
----------------------------------------------
Payment due € 104,00

So I need to write all of them.

Jason Grimes
Jason Grimes
SITE STAFF
TOPIC STARTER
Would reusable invoice line items help? Feb 4, 2009

Luca Ruella wrote:
I would like to be able to specify agreed rates per word\line\page\hour for each saved client profile. So each time I produce an invoice, I'd just have to enter the traslated words, and the tool automatically remembers the agreed rate and does all the math.

Hi Luca,

Thinking even further, would reusable invoice items solve this?

For example, you could save an invoice line item called "Client x translation"; selecting that invoice item in your invoice would populate the description, rate, unit, and tax fields, and you would just need to enter the volume.

Thanks for the feedback.

Jason

Jason Grimes
Jason Grimes
SITE STAFF
TOPIC STARTER
Thanks for the helpful feedback Lucy Feb 4, 2009

Hi Lucy,

Lucy Leite wrote:

Thanks for reporting this. I've found a glitch that may be the cause of this (if there is an error when saving an invoice with a new client, the data for the new client is not restored to the form.) This will be fixed soon.

2. Can't we have a similar template for sending estimates that, once approved by the client, are simply changed into invoices?

3. Special fields for PO and PM would be useful.

4. E-mail reminders are also very useful to warn if an invoice is overdue. In Zoho you can choose to send this reminder either only to yourself or to your client as well. Is it possible to have something like that?

All great ideas. I've recorded them as tasks for future invoicing releases.

Thanks,

Jason

Jason Grimes
Jason Grimes
SITE STAFF
TOPIC STARTER
Great feedback, Leon Feb 4, 2009

Hi Leon,

Leon Hunter wrote:

Thanks for reporting this, I will see that it gets fixed shortly.

Localized number formatting is planned for a future release. Is the invoicing tool still useful to you with decimals formatted as they are currently (e.g. 4.84), or does this prevent you from being able to use the tool for your invoices?

- Country name - Spain
- Source / target words under unit

I will get these strings into the site localization system.

Lastly, the message sent to the client with the invoice cannot be changed and it's in English. It can be overwritten but I think there should be a standard message in settings, rather than having to write the message in the country language every time you send an invoice.

I have added this to the development task list.

Thanks!

Jason

Jason Grimes
Jason Grimes
SITE STAFF
TOPIC STARTER
Italian taxes Feb 4, 2009

Gianluca Marras wrote:
Hi Jason thanks for your reply and sorry about all my spelling mistakes, I am glad you understood what I wrote!!!
Back to my question:

translation 123 € 100,00
Total € 104,00
+ 20% VAT € 20,80
Payment due € 104,00

So I need to write all of them.

Hi Gianluca,

Thanks, that is very clear. I'll make an attempt to add support for this tax treatment this week, and post here to see what you think.

Thanks,

Jason

Khaled Al-Shehari
Khaled Al-Shehari  Identity Verified
Qatar
Local time: 21:10
English to Arabic
+ ...
Great Great Great but? Feb 4, 2009

Hi there,
I really liked this tool; it helps me alot organize myself and invoice my client on spot. I have a suggestion which I think can add more asset: can we have the invoice linked to the project history, so that when I finish invoicing I can easily be directed to my project history to add the project?
Regards and thanks again for this wonderful effort!
Khaled

Jason Grimes
Jason Grimes
SITE STAFF
TOPIC STARTER
Amounts in JPY now rounded to nearest whole number Feb 5, 2009

casey wrote:

Some currencies, at least the yen, do not have decimals. It would be nice if there was an option to tell it to not show any decimals for the total. Sometimes I might charge 7.5 yen per character, but the total has to be even. For example, if it was 101 characters the total would have to be 758 yen, not 757.5 yen.

Hi Casey,

Amounts in JPY should now be rounded to the nearest whole number. Please let me know if this is working properly for you now.

Thanks,

Jason

Jason Grimes
Jason Grimes
SITE STAFF
TOPIC STARTER
Support for Italian taxes--will this work? Feb 5, 2009

Gianluca Marras wrote:

translation 123 € 100,00
Total € 104,00
+ 20% VAT € 20,80
Payment due € 104,00

Hi Gianluca and Anthony,

The tax settings have been updated to support these tax requirements. Some details, along with screenshots, are available in the info section of the tax settings page.

Will this work for your invoices?

Thanks for your help with this.

Jason

Pages in topic:   < [1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8] >

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Announcing invoice tool updates: data export, online payment, PDF invoices, templates, more

Trados Studio 2022 Freelance
The leading translation software used by over 270,000 translators.

Designed with your feedback in mind, Trados Studio 2022 delivers an unrivalled, powerful desktop and cloud solution, empowering you to work in the most efficient and cost-effective way.

More info »
Anycount & Translation Office 3000
Translation Office 3000

Translation Office 3000 is an advanced accounting tool for freelance translators and small agencies. TO3000 easily and seamlessly integrates with the business life of professional freelance translators.

More info »