Pages in topic:   < [1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8] >
Announcing invoice tool updates: data export, online payment, PDF invoices, templates, more
投稿者: Jason Grimes
Jason Grimes
Jason Grimes
Local time: 17:01
サイトのスタッフ
TOPIC STARTER
Project history integration planned Feb 5, 2009

Khaled Al-Shehari wrote:
can we have the invoice linked to the project history, so that when I finish invoicing I can easily be directed to my project history to add the project?
Regards and thanks again for this wonderful effort!
Khaled

Hi Khaled,

Thanks for the suggestion. I've added it to the list of development tasks for an upcoming release.

Thanks,

Jason

Jason Grimes
Jason Grimes
サイトのスタッフ
TOPIC STARTER
Invoice taxes now support arbitrary precision Feb 6, 2009

Leon Hunter wrote:
On the issue of rounding off, the tool also rounds off the tax amount (in my case, VAT) and it rounded off 4.8384 to 4.84. This may be a problem for some clients in Spain.

Hi Leon,

It is now possible to specify invoice taxes with more precision. Thanks for reporting this issue.

Best regards,

Jason

Jason Grimes
Jason Grimes
サイトのスタッフ
TOPIC STARTER
4,00 vs. 4.00: How urgent is support for localized number format? Feb 6, 2009

Leon Hunter wrote:
It is also an issue that 4.84 would not have a stop in Spanish, it would be 4,84 as thousands have stops, i.e. - 3.000 and decimals have commas, i.e. 4,8

Hi everyone,

As Leon and others have noted, the invoicing tool currently formats all numbers using the "." symbol for decimals (like "4.00").

For those of you in locales that use a comma for this instead (like "4,00"): is the invoicing tool still useful to you with the current number formatting? Or does this prevent you from being able to use the tool for your invoices?

Thanks in advance for your feedback.

Best regards,

Jason

B D Finch
B D Finch  Identity Verified
フランス
Local time: 23:01
フランス語 から 英語
+ ...
Number format Feb 8, 2009

I would not be able to send invoices to my French clients (i.e. nearly all of my clients) using the decimal point rather than a comma. Also, for thousands, it needs to be a hard space or a point, not a comma. I haven't yet checked about how to create a French template, but shall have a try.

I am still a bit concerned about the confidentiality issues of putting my client list onto the website. Just call me paranoid, but I'd like some reassurance.

Thanks for the work p
... See more
I would not be able to send invoices to my French clients (i.e. nearly all of my clients) using the decimal point rather than a comma. Also, for thousands, it needs to be a hard space or a point, not a comma. I haven't yet checked about how to create a French template, but shall have a try.

I am still a bit concerned about the confidentiality issues of putting my client list onto the website. Just call me paranoid, but I'd like some reassurance.

Thanks for the work put into this.

Barbara Finch

Collapse

Jason Grimes
Jason Grimes
サイトのスタッフ
TOPIC STARTER
Client details are confidential Feb 9, 2009

Hi Barbara,

B D Finch wrote:

A new FAQ has been added to address this question:

Q: Is there any risk that my client will be contacted by anyone as a result of my creating an invoice issuable to them?

A: No. Information included in an invoice is not made available to others or used for any other purpose.

Please see the invoice security page for more information about invoice data protection and privacy.

I would not be able to send invoices to my French clients (i.e. nearly all of my clients) using the decimal point rather than a comma. Also, for thousands, it needs to be a hard space or a point, not a comma.

Thanks for letting me know how important this is. I'll make it a priority to add support for localized number formats. The feature should be available within a few weeks.

Thanks,

Jason

Nitin Goyal
Nitin Goyal  Identity Verified
インド
Local time: 02:31
2007に入会
パンジャブ語 から 英語
+ ...
Can PROZ felicitate making and receiving payments too? Feb 10, 2009

Hi

I find this invoicing tool awesome.

I was wondering if PROZ could also start some system of felicitating payments for its members. I mean I wish PROZ comes up as a substitute for Paypal and Moneybookers. Paypal charges high and currency conversion rates are too poor.

Thanks
Nitin Goyal

Dr. Janos Annus (X)
Dr. Janos Annus (X)  Identity Verified
ハンガリー
英語 から ハンガリー語
+ ...
Have to check Feb 10, 2009

I have to check with the authorities in Hungary if they accept invoices that are stored on the web. When thay make individual checking of taxes, then they request us to make a list of all invoices that are stored in our computer. Do you have any information on this?

Leon Hunter
Leon Hunter  Identity Verified
スペイン
2005に入会
スペイン語 から 英語
+ ...
Comma issue Feb 10, 2009

[quote]Jason Grimes wrote:

For those of you in locales that use a comma for this instead (like "4,00"): is the invoicing tool still useful to you with the current number formatting? Or does this prevent you from being able to use the tool for your invoices?

[quote]

I haven't had any complaints so far.

Leon Hunter
Leon Hunter  Identity Verified
スペイン
2005に入会
スペイン語 から 英語
+ ...
Invoice lines jumbled up Feb 10, 2009

Dear Jason,

I have noticed that the invoice tool reorders the lines and does not seem to deliver them in the same order as they have been entered for reasons I do not know. This is rather annoying in the case of projects with a sequence 001, 002, 003, etc. and it is also a problem when the same project has different rates.

Imagine a project where the source rate is 0.10 but the repetitions are charged at a lower amount and fuzzy matches also have a separate rate. To ent
... See more
Dear Jason,

I have noticed that the invoice tool reorders the lines and does not seem to deliver them in the same order as they have been entered for reasons I do not know. This is rather annoying in the case of projects with a sequence 001, 002, 003, etc. and it is also a problem when the same project has different rates.

Imagine a project where the source rate is 0.10 but the repetitions are charged at a lower amount and fuzzy matches also have a separate rate. To enter this info, I need three lines:

Project 001 Words 1,000 Rate 0.10
Project 001 (fuzzy matches) Words 2,500 Rate 0.04
Project 001 (repetitions) Words 500 Rate 0.02

Say I then add another two projects: 002 and 003.

Project 002 Words 2,000 Rate 0.10
Project 003 Words 500 Fixed Rate 50

I then save the invoice and find the tool returns the final invoice with all the lines jumbled up and in the wrong order:

Project 003 Words 500 Fixed Rate 50
Project 001 (fuzzy matches) Words 2,500 Rate 0.04
Project 001 Words 1,000 Rate 0.10
Project 002 Words 2,000 Rate 0.10
Project 001 (repetitions) Words 500 Rate 0.02

What can I do to solve this? Is it an invoice settings problem? I have checked to see if it is ordering the lines following a certain criterion (word count, price) but it doesn't seem to be the reason.

[Edited at 2009-02-10 22:04 GMT]
Collapse

Jason Grimes
Jason Grimes
サイトのスタッフ
TOPIC STARTER
Invoice lines now shown in the same order in which they were entered Feb 11, 2009

Leon Hunter wrote:

Hi Leon,

I believe this glitch has been corrected--invoice line items should now always be shown in the same order in which they were entered. Thanks for reporting this issue. Thanks also for the detailed information about how to reproduce the problem, that was quite helpful.

Best regards,

Jason

Anabel Granados
Anabel Granados  Identity Verified
米国
Local time: 14:01
2007に入会
スペイン語 から 英語
+ ...
Transcription Feb 11, 2009

First, thank you for all of the changes you have implemented.
I also do transcription work, and found that there is no option for this kind of "unit" (meaning minutes). Is there a way to insert an "other" category where you can fill in the blank? The way I ended up invoicing my client for the transcription was just to calculate it on my own and input it into the invoice as a flat rate.

Take care,
Anabel

Fernando Tognis
Fernando Tognis  Identity Verified
アルゼンチン
Local time: 18:01
2006に入会
スペイン語 から 英語
+ ...
Web-based? Feb 12, 2009

I think this would be a great tool to download and use at home. Uploading my invoicing information and keeping it online may be risky and inconvenient.
Regards,

david young
david young  Identity Verified
フランス
フランス語 から 英語
keystroke billing Feb 12, 2009

hi Jason

What is missing from your product, and what I've been looking for several years, is a keystroke-based billing option.
I correct papers written in English by French scientists, and I'd like to bill them by the number of keystrokes it takes.
Do you have any ideas? I've found nothing helpful on the net, but I'd sure you could make a killing with an application like that.

Thanks
Sailorjim

Francisco ABREU
Francisco ABREU  Identity Verified
ブラジル
Local time: 18:01
2005に入会
英語 から ポルトガル語
+ ...
Great tool Feb 12, 2009

Jason, great tool. I'm putting it to use already. Good work.

Rick Janssen
Rick Janssen
オランダ
英語 から オランダ語
+ ...
Editing unit names? Feb 12, 2009

Hi Jason,

First of all, thank you very much for this great tool. I just made a couple of test invoices and it works like a charm. This is exactly what I was looking for.

I just have one question (hopefully this has not been asked before).
I created a new template for my Dutch clients, but I couldn't find a way to edit the unit names. So it still says 'words', 'hours' etc., whereas the rest of the invoice is in Dutch. Is it at all possible to change these?
... See more
Hi Jason,

First of all, thank you very much for this great tool. I just made a couple of test invoices and it works like a charm. This is exactly what I was looking for.

I just have one question (hopefully this has not been asked before).
I created a new template for my Dutch clients, but I couldn't find a way to edit the unit names. So it still says 'words', 'hours' etc., whereas the rest of the invoice is in Dutch. Is it at all possible to change these?

Thanks in advance.
Collapse

Pages in topic:   < [1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8] >

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

このフォーラムのモデレーター
Jared Tabor[Call to this topic]
Lucia Leszinsky[Call to this topic]

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Announcing invoice tool updates: data export, online payment, PDF invoices, templates, more

Trados Business Manager Lite
Create customer quotes and invoices from within Trados Studio

Trados Business Manager Lite helps to simplify and speed up some of the daily tasks, such as invoicing and reporting, associated with running your freelance translation business.

More info »
Trados Studio 2022 Freelance
The leading translation software used by over 270,000 translators.

Designed with your feedback in mind, Trados Studio 2022 delivers an unrivalled, powerful desktop and cloud solution, empowering you to work in the most efficient and cost-effective way.

More info »