Pages in topic:   < [1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35] >
Staff member Justin has passed away
Thread poster: Henry Dotterer
Frauke Schroeder
Frauke Schroeder  Identity Verified
Local time: 04:55
English
+ ...
------- Sep 11, 2007

Very very sad. Although I never had the pleasure to meet him or be in contact with him, I felt sad when looking at his kind smile and shiny eyes. He must have been a very warm-hearted person.

My sincere condolences to all those who now carry the terrible pain of loss.

andrew ranger
andrew ranger
English
thank you all so much for your support. Sep 12, 2007

Hello,

My name is Andrew. I have known justin over half my life. i met him in a study hall durring seventh grade. we became very close friends and have been through quite a few sticky situations. i am a privelaged man to know that i have known and been close to justin for most of my life. he and i would plot to skip middle school together and play computer games. we also started out our first buisness designing and hosting websites, much of wich im sure has translated (pardon the pu
... See more
Hello,

My name is Andrew. I have known justin over half my life. i met him in a study hall durring seventh grade. we became very close friends and have been through quite a few sticky situations. i am a privelaged man to know that i have known and been close to justin for most of my life. he and i would plot to skip middle school together and play computer games. we also started out our first buisness designing and hosting websites, much of wich im sure has translated (pardon the pun) into this community you see today.

i wanted to let everyone know that i currently am twenty two, the same age as justin. i am in the united states navy, and i traveled back to new york from virginia to attend the ceremony. i had the privelage of meeting henry, the founder of this community and boss to justin. he made quite the eloquent speech that really hit home to everyone at the church.

henry, dems, derrick, rob, mike, matt (his brother), dresher and myself; all friends of justin, were the paul bearers. i wish we had a picture to share with you of the funeral, but in the chaotic days of my return to new york, i had forgotten my camrea.

and at the funeral, pages were printed with the current amout of replies to this thread and binded together for display at the wake and funeral. 27 pages, and somone counted over 75 countries. all his famliy and friends have been able to read your replies - and on my behaf, i think i can lend you my deepest grattitude for your kindness.

as i have said to many people - regardless of how well a person knows him, any and all support will never go unnoticed.

again, thank you so much for your support. we do see it.
best wishes to you and proz.com henry & staff, it was nice to meet you. and good luck to everyone - im glad the person that taught me everything i know about computers was able to help you all persue goals you never thought you could attain.

a friend of justins, thankful to you;
Andrew Ranger

ps, here is a picture of a few of justins good friends (from left to right)
andrew (mysef, please dont mind the beer), rob, luke, mark (in the hospitol doing fine),& midge
Image and video hosting by TinyPic
Collapse

j3s
j3s
United States
Spanish to English
+ ...
thank you Sep 12, 2007

I'd just like to second my long-time friend Andy's post about how much the support from people at Proz.com has meant to family and friends.
It is hard to understand why someone who had such a great spark and so much to offer would have his time come so soon, but I think all of us have been struggling to find a peace within ourselves to be able to deal with our grief and continue living our lives, and especially carry out some of the lessons we learned from such a wonderful soul and friend.
... See more
I'd just like to second my long-time friend Andy's post about how much the support from people at Proz.com has meant to family and friends.
It is hard to understand why someone who had such a great spark and so much to offer would have his time come so soon, but I think all of us have been struggling to find a peace within ourselves to be able to deal with our grief and continue living our lives, and especially carry out some of the lessons we learned from such a wonderful soul and friend.

The funeral was touching, and I was very honored to meet Enrique and Henry. Both Henry's and Matt's eulogies honored Justin's life so well.

At night, and in the mornings when I haven't been able to sleep, I have come to this page and have read every post. It's so great to see how Justin has made an imprint on so many lives, and all of your memories, even those whose lives just brushed with his in cyberspace for moment, are helping us all remember him in that many more ways.

It was because of Justin that I began logging my IMs back in 2004, and thankfully have many of our late night conversations saved to look back on and meditate on our friendship, just as some of you have said you have with your Skype messages. I'd like to share some thing he told me...

JUSTIN (3:02:54 AM): when i turn 75
and my hair is grey
and im all comfy in my oversized old persons bed
im gonna think back on these years
and be like 'damn, that was great.'

-Jessie Vallejo
Collapse

ludivine gournay
ludivine gournay  Identity Verified
France
Local time: 05:55
English to French
+ ...
Such a sad news Sep 12, 2007

I never had the opportunity to meet Justin but I convey my sincere condolences to his family, friends and colleagues.

Life can be so cruel sometimes.

alinguista
alinguista  Identity Verified
French to Macedonian
+ ...
So sad... Sep 12, 2007

and unfair for such a wonderful person to lose his life ... so young...

My deepest condolences to his family and friends

Olga and Igor Lukyanov
Olga and Igor Lukyanov  Identity Verified
Canada
Local time: 23:55
English to Russian
+ ...
So sorry Sep 13, 2007

Although I have never met Justin, but I am sure he was a very special person. Dying so young is never fair ...

My sincere condolences to his family and friends.

vic voskuil
vic voskuil  Identity Verified
Netherlands
English to Dutch
+ ...
How to miss someone after barely a couple of email exchanges... Sep 14, 2007

My warmest of feelings to all those who were close to Justin. To me he was simply the master of ProZ problems who in the friendliest of fashions solved my problems like a grand old wizard. I liked to think of him as our Obi Wan Justin, and yes, I do think George Lucas and many others would have realised they had actually miscast Ewan MacGregor as the young Alec Guinness, if only they had known Justin.

He'll live on for quite a while in my memory, and I do not doubt he will in yours
... See more
My warmest of feelings to all those who were close to Justin. To me he was simply the master of ProZ problems who in the friendliest of fashions solved my problems like a grand old wizard. I liked to think of him as our Obi Wan Justin, and yes, I do think George Lucas and many others would have realised they had actually miscast Ewan MacGregor as the young Alec Guinness, if only they had known Justin.

He'll live on for quite a while in my memory, and I do not doubt he will in yours too.

Goodbye Justin.
v.
Collapse

Hani Hassaan
Hani Hassaan  Identity Verified
Egypt
Local time: 06:55
English to Arabic
+ ...
SITE LOCALIZER
Too sad to lose beloved one Sep 14, 2007

it is Too sad to lose beloved one, I do not know Justin in person but I feel too sympathy for him and his family, May God to have mercy upon.
Hani Hassaan

Feli Pérez Trigueros
Feli Pérez Trigueros
Spain
Italian to Spanish
I'm so sorry... Sep 14, 2007

Aunque nunca tuve el placer de conocerle lamento mucho su pérdida.
Mi más sincero pésame para toda la familia.
Sinceramente les acompaño en este momento tan doloroso.

RHELLER
RHELLER
United States
Local time: 21:55
French to English
+ ...
sadness and grief Sep 16, 2007

To the family and friends of Justin:

Such sadness never goes away. How horrible to lose someone at the debut of life.

Please don't think that your love for him was wasted. I am sure that he feels it - I am sure that love is a very strong force and the source of positivity in our universe.

As a mother, I feel compelled to also remind other parents: remember to give thanks every day for the children that we have been blessed with, even when they are difficul
... See more
To the family and friends of Justin:

Such sadness never goes away. How horrible to lose someone at the debut of life.

Please don't think that your love for him was wasted. I am sure that he feels it - I am sure that love is a very strong force and the source of positivity in our universe.

As a mother, I feel compelled to also remind other parents: remember to give thanks every day for the children that we have been blessed with, even when they are difficult.

Rita
Collapse

Erzsébet Czopyk
Erzsébet Czopyk  Identity Verified
Hungary
Member (2006)
Russian to Hungarian
+ ...
SITE LOCALIZER
may God bless you all Sep 16, 2007

My sincere condolences to the family, especially to his parents, more than anybody else - to his mother. May God bless your tears, may the love of our Father help you now carry your own cross.

I'll pray for you all.

"The Lord is my shepherd, I shall not want. He maketh me to lie down in green pastures, he leadeth me beside the still waters..."

Elizabeth Czopyk

Laurens Landkroon
Laurens Landkroon  Identity Verified
English to Dutch
+ ...
words cannot describe such a loss........... Sep 17, 2007

Anyone who has ever lost a loved one can acknowledge this!

what helped me a lot, dealing with the loss of my mother, is a poem; although I do not know the exact words, the main point of this poem is this:

When you feel that you have a hole (or "gap") inside you, after you've lost someone, understand that this is not a hole (as in an empty space), you have to realize it's the hole that is now filled with all the love, the experiences, the joy, etc. that you have shared w
... See more
Anyone who has ever lost a loved one can acknowledge this!

what helped me a lot, dealing with the loss of my mother, is a poem; although I do not know the exact words, the main point of this poem is this:

When you feel that you have a hole (or "gap") inside you, after you've lost someone, understand that this is not a hole (as in an empty space), you have to realize it's the hole that is now filled with all the love, the experiences, the joy, etc. that you have shared with your loved one............

So bless these loved ones, I wish you all the strength you'll need !

Laurens.
Collapse

manuela farina
manuela farina
United States
Local time: 23:55
English to Italian
+ ...
very sad Sep 17, 2007

I am so sorry, my condolence! He was so young and so brilliant!

Ines Garcia Botana
Ines Garcia Botana  Identity Verified
Local time: 00:55
English to Spanish
+ ...
So beautiful... Sep 18, 2007

Laurens Landkroon wrote:

When you feel that you have a hole (or "gap") inside you, after you've lost someone, understand that this is not a hole (as in an empty space), you have to realize it's the hole that is now filled with all the love, the experiences, the joy, etc. that you have shared with your loved one............

So bless these loved ones, I wish you all the strength you'll need !

Laurens.

So beautiful what you wrote...
I think we will never forget this lovely and intelligent boy.
Thank you, Laurens, for sharing your thoughts with all of us.
Inés

Leonardo Parachú
Leonardo Parachú  Identity Verified
Local time: 00:55
English to Spanish
+ ...
Terribly sad news Sep 18, 2007

I never met him but he surely was a phenomenal guy who still had so much to offer us all, both as a professional and as a young man.

My sincerest condolences to his family and to our big Proz family.

Leonardo from Argentina.

Pages in topic:   < [1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35] >

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Staff member Justin has passed away

TM-Town
Manage your TMs and Terms ... and boost your translation business

Are you ready for something fresh in the industry? TM-Town is a unique new site for you -- the freelance translator -- to store, manage and share translation memories (TMs) and glossaries...and potentially meet new clients on the basis of your prior work.

More info »
Trados Business Manager Lite
Create customer quotes and invoices from within Trados Studio

Trados Business Manager Lite helps to simplify and speed up some of the daily tasks, such as invoicing and reporting, associated with running your freelance translation business.

More info »